Saturday, September 29, 2012

Liebster Blog Award

I am always happy receiving positive comments on my posts, and I guess every bloggers wants to hear what their readers have to say. I was surprised when I have opened my email last Friday receiving a comment from a fellow BC Blogger. I am marking this to be one of the most special and memorable comment in my blogging history. My sincere gratitude to Jovell of A Woman's Story for choosing me to be one of her nominees for the Liebster Blog Award. This is my very first nomination after four months of blogging and it's so flattering! I'll gladly accept this award.

I have learned that the Liebster Blog Award has been circulated for the past years and is passed by a blogger to fellow bloggers that he/she may find worthy of receiving the honor.  This is only given to bloggers with followers that are less than 200.  It will help an up and coming blogger receive recommendation and support the blogger to keep on blogging and also aims to recognize the potential of creating good blog contents.  The word Liebster is from a German word which means, best, favorite or beloved.  Other blog posts says that it may also mean sweetest, kindest, nicest, lovely, kinda, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.  The definitions mentioned earlier are carefully considered on the selection of nominees.  

There are rules to be followed in receiving this award.  Here are the set of rules I should abide to be a considered Liebster Blogger Awardee:
  1. Each person must list 11 things about themselves.
  2. Answer the 11 questions that the tagger has set for you PLUS you MUST create 11 questions of your own for the 11 people you will nominate with this award.
  3. Choose up to 11 bloggers linking them to your post.
  4. Go to their page and inform them of the nomination.
  5. Absolutely NO tags back. Remember to ONLY tag bloggers with less than 200 followers.

ELEVEN THINGS ABOUT MYSELF

1.  I started my personal blog this June 2012 and my first post was published June 16, 2012.
2.  Blogging is my way of relieving my stress.
3.  I am a graduate of B.S. Medical Techonology and passed the licensure examination year September 2004.
4.  I was able to practice my profession for about 2 - 3 years at Pioneer Clinical Laboratory Incorporated, a private laboratory here in Batangas City.
5.  I decided to resign my job though I loved it so much because of my personal obligations that I could no longer meet if I will still work.
6.  After the laboratory experience, I chose to pursue our family business.
7.  Bakeshop is the family business that I was talking about.
8.  I am happily married to a pastor.  We have fruitful years of marriage one proof is having three children after almost six years of being together.
9.  Managing the business, church activities and responsibilities, being a hands on mom and a wife plus the daily household chores would at times end to a very stressful day.  I chose to do number 2 to be relieved.
10.  In a social gatherings, I'll be happy sitting at the corner and observe the people around and listen.  It's hard for me to start a conversation with anyone.  But if someone would open up and ask, I take a chance of sharing what's in my mind.
11.  I know I am not a real good singer but I still sing.  Practice will make me sound better and that keeps me singing.

ANSWER TO JOVELL'S QUESTIONS

1.  Dog or cat, why?

Since I was a child, we chose not to have a cat at the house.  When stray cats want to get in our place, we drive them away.  We chose dogs as pets rather than cats because we find it easier taking care of them.

2.  What's the best lesson you've learned in school?

I've spent most of my elementary yeas and highschool life in a Christian School.  I considered the best lesson I learned is the importance of knowing and having a personal relationship with God.  Learning about God is a continuous life process.

3.  What quote do you hold dear to your heart?

Let me share you one of my favorite Bible verse that I keep in my heart as God's promise to me.  I always remind myself of this verse in situations that I need to accomplish huge tasks and challenges in life that I have to face.
Isaiah 40:30-31
New International Version (NIV)


Even youths grow tired and weary,
 and young men stumble and fall;

but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.

They will soar on wings like eagles;
 they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

4.  Who's your favorite "hunk" actor?

I don't have a favorite hunk actor but I need to chose one to answer the question it's gonna be Chris Hemsworth.

5.  Fiction or non-fiction?

Fiction will keep my mind boggling and dreaming while non-fiction will wake me up from reality but will sure inspire.  I'll choose them both for balance.

6.  What do you deeply wish for in your life?

Honestly being a mom to three children I am not only wishing to provide them the things that they only need but also to train and discipline them as God fearing individuals who will seek and walk His ways and will minister to others as we have set an example.

7.  What is the most favorite dish of your family that you've cooked for them?

Lasagna?

8.  What is love?

I define love as what is written in 1 Corinthians 13:4-7.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  
It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, 
it keeps no record of wrongs.  
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

9.  What's your favorite cartoon?

I love Bugs Bunny when I was a younger...and I'm still young=)

10.  What's the thing that you dread most?

I couldn't imagine me loosing the persons who are dear to me - my family.


HERE ARE THE QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES?

1.  What made you decide (your reasons) to start blogging?
2.  Write the things that makes you happy?
3.  What are the things that you are thankful for?
4.  Given a chance to be one of the Bible characters (except Jesus) who would you want to be and why?
5.  How will you define a "true friend"?
6.  Complete the phrase:  I want to, _________________.
8.  List three places you want to visit.
9.  What is your favorite Filipino dish?
10.  What are the things that you'd love collecting?
11.  What is your favorite Christmas carol?


FINALLY HERE ARE MY NOMINEES:

8 comments:

Farida said...

Thank you for this award. Blogging makes it more fun when you know you have readers who follow you and some bloggers you gift you with this. Happy weekend :)

Farida said...

Would you like us to follow each other?

Jovell said...

hi hanny! it's nice to get to know you more!
I loooove Chris Hemsworth too hehe :) Would the question mark in your answer "Lasagna" mean you're not sure if they like it or not? I'm sure if they keep on asking for you to cook it again, it's fabulous!

Mommy said...

Hi Jovell! The question mark there would mean I am not sure if that's the "most favorite" dish. They like my lasagna most specially my husband and younger brother. They have different food requests that they want me to cook for them that's why I am not really sure about it.

Mommy said...

I would, I love the idea =)

Louise Antonette said...

Thank you Hanny! :)

Aileen said...

Thanks so much for the award Hanny! Oooh I love lasagna too, and without the question mark lol!

Gerilen Areum said...

Thank you so much for this award sis! :D i'll pass the love! Like garfield, like you, i love lasagna! i love every italian dish! :D

From Homeschooling to ALS Journey

Last year, was one of the major transitions for JC and Eu-La.  I decided to enroll them in the Alternative Learning System.  This is a curri...