Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A day worth remembering


Today is worth remembering because the 15th day of August officially marks the end of the World War 2 in 1945.  You might be wondering, why in the world would I care to now this part of the history?  I would mark this date because it’s my birth date. Here are some of the famous personalities born on August 15, Napoleon Bonaparte is a great French leader (1769-1821).  Today is the 100th birthday of Julia Child if she is still living.  She was known as the famous TV chef and author of cook books.  Today is also Ben Affleck's birthday!


Yes, you heard me right today is my birthday!  I didn’t notice it coming ‘till I received early greetings from friends yesterday from my Facebook account.  I stopped counting my age when I was 23, so I’m having a hard time to remember my age if someone would ask that.  I’m not a good counter! (ha ha ha)

I am used to celebrate my birthday with storms, yet I am thankful that we haven’t experienced tremendous floods or the roof of our house was blown away by strong winds.  Aside from that I have so many things to be thankful for.  I am glad that I was able to start this blog last couple of months and I am enjoying so much learning things about blogging.  I am changing for the better.  I am now overcoming the introvert me and starting to make new friends.

I’ll surely take note of the warm greetings received from my family, friends, classmates, co-ministers with Christ, acquaintances and Christ Stewards Fellowship Family.  You made my day today!   Another different experience of celebrating my birthday.  I welcome gifts be it in cash or in kind.  I'll consider following my blog as a valuable gift from you.


2 comments:

madjewelled said...

belated happy bday! i might as well research famous people same with my bday ;p

Mommy said...

thanks for the birthday greeting=)

From Homeschooling to ALS Journey

Last year, was one of the major transitions for JC and Eu-La.  I decided to enroll them in the Alternative Learning System.  This is a curri...